Surgical techniques and wound care principles were learned from battlefield conflict. We now have a war with the coronavirus presenting another chance to learn something beneficial. Stem cell treatments may be a resource offered to patients, but for the next six months I will be a Corona Doctor in NYC. This is not my usual practice, but to provide testing and guidance for patients the next few months is part of age management and survival.
Posted: Wed, 04/29/2020 - 16:37
Posted: Wed, 04/29/2020 - 16:34
After a month most people here in Manhattan are accustomed to a daily home routine. I am apartment bound, answering emails and doing phone calls with my patients. In a few instances I will do a Skype consult. One of my offices is four blocks away. With mask and gloves I go down every other day for faxes and mail.
Posted: Mon, 03/23/2020 - 20:43
Today the big general threat is highly contagious coronavirus. So what can we do to protect ourselves?
Posted: Mon, 03/23/2020 - 20:36
Posted: Mon, 03/23/2020 - 20:33
The coronavirus has us all working and staying at home is much as possible. The government and personal response has been good to decrease the incidence of the disease. It took a few days for the public to accept this but subways and streets are almost empty.
Posted: Thu, 01/02/2020 - 21:13
- There is always controversy about supervision regarding anything new
- My opinions are presented after 12 years experience using stem cell therapies
- The risk of harm is essentially zero depending on the experience of the practitioner
- Ripoff?-- not in my practice and experience
- Benefits-- joint and soft tissue repair and treatment of some systemic conditions
- Systemic conditions I have treated include MS, other autoimmune conditions, emphysema, heart failure, cirrhosis, stroke, and traumatic brain injury.
- Repair--- regeneration----rejuvenation----- longer telomeres
Posted: Wed, 06/12/2019 - 09:29
I received a medical degree in 1975. My conventional training then consisted of a rotating internship and six years of surgical training. I became board-certified and had a solo cardiovascular surgery practice for 29 years near Kansas City. I became frustrated during my surgical career because patients were sent to me for surgery and they were on 20 different medicines. This did not make sense.
Posted: Wed, 06/12/2019 - 09:24
NAD is an essential metabolite in our biologic system. It is found in cells in the mitochondria and encourages ATP to produce energy. With sufficient energy the cell functions optimally. NAD is used in every cell in the body that has mitochondria. Clinically, NAD treatment has shown benefit in patients with chronic alcoholism and drug addiction. A course can markedly decrease or eliminate cravings.
Posted: Sat, 06/08/2019 - 11:35
- Many people have suffered some degree of concussion
- Long-term consequences may be subtle and not acute
- SPEC is a scan that shows brain function
- Hyperbaric oxygen has been found useful for healing head injuries
- Additional recovery can follow using other wound healing principles
- Treatment of some chronic neurodegenerative diseases can be improved with NAD and stem cells
Posted: Tue, 05/07/2019 - 00:05
Malnutrition is frequently thought to be found in poor Third World countries. My contention is that we have severe malnutrition going on in our country. This aspect aggravates aging, and its signs are very subtle.